Chevron Background

October 18, 2013

I'm blue and dabadee dabodie ...

Just me, or did that song not last long enough in the 90's? ... yeah I thought it was just me too.

I have been DESPERATELY wanting to paint our front door, ever since we decided what color to paint the outside of our house. Oddly enough, I put this project off for weeks and it only took about 15 minutes x3.

I forgot the before picture but here's a freshly primed front door...


The chosen beautiful blue!

I read up on a few blogs as to the right way to paint a door. While I don't think there's really a "wrong way", it was easiest to start on the inside of the 4 panels: outlining the rectangles...

Then the inside...

Then the big "t"...

After the majority of the middle was done, I painted the outside and my lovely rainbow at the top. 

After two coats of paint with 2-3 hours of drying time in between...


My future plans are to take off the screen door and update that handle to a nice Oil Rubbed Bronze finish.

Not too bad for less than 2 hours of work :)

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment