Chevron Background

October 29, 2013

House update!

Sunday was gorgeous. For Chicago-land- it was absolutely beautiful weather. 50 degrees, light breeze and sunny! October usually means cold and dreary. To see a gorgeous day was a delight. Of course, a good weather day to me means it's time to paint something outdoors.

Last week I finally finished painting the outside of our house. This has been a MONTH in progress. To be honest, the hardest part was painting things we never see i.e the north side of our house is barely even accessible let alone visible to us. Our neighbors don't care but to have a 3/4 painted house just felt like cheating.

This weekend our garage went from this...


To this...


I didn't even think I'd get to paint our garage this year but with this wonderfully sunny day, it was painting time! I got the front of the garage painted and even the trim done. Maybe this week I'll wrap up the sides. I mean, no promises, but ... we'll see! :)

I don't think I can handle a full winter of seeing the sides of this garage so naked... (disregard the massive amounts of scrap metal we have to take to the junk yard soon!)

What did you do this weekend??

2 comments:

  1. Wave down a scrap metal guy the night before garbage. They'll take it all for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my plan until my husband said we could actually get $$ for it at a junk yard. So we'll see. If all that metal can get me a date with the hubs then I'm in! Then again I'd be game for a pack of gum at this point :)

      Delete