Chevron Background

August 12, 2013

Weekend Update!

Whew what a whirlwind. Oddly enough we thought this was going to be a "relaxing" weekend. We were wrong.

My mother in law (MIL) moved in (temporarily) on Friday to our 3rd bedroom. Our front room is now looking a little more like a storage unit. No big deal right now as we don't use it. So that has been an adjustment of sorts as well. Being very real - I'm not used to having a roommate (other than the boy I married and my kiddo) and as always there will be some give and take. We're hoping to work through the kinks before too long.

I was able to escape some of the chaos that comes with multiple boxes coming out of a big truck by heading to 1 bridal shower and then taking the kiddo to a splash park! Yay splash parks! 

Luci was definitely dealing with something all weekend. She would randomly get really cranky and then sport a low grade temp. I'm not sure what the bug was, but after Sunday it was over and she was back to her terribly twos normal bubbly self.

Potty training is going better than we could have ever hoped for. We are in this weird new world where she TELLS us when she has to go. We didn't even know that was an option. Other than when she is distracted/around a big group of people, that's the only time I really need to be watching the lock. I've recently heard - in gossip circles - that there is a land of no diapers in every toddler's future. I'm not sure if it's just hearsay... but I now dream of such things. #lamesauce #needsomebetterdreams

This weekend was a small push in some fun shopping and finishing some DIY'ing projects that you'll see this week including...
- Start to Finish sanding and painting a dresser for my MIL
- Finally finishing a project that has been MONTHS in process- can't wait to show you the final result!
- And found some fun new outside light fixtures for our home. Yay clearance sections!

Definitely excited that I know have a Good Will partner in crime and my #1 popcorn buddy has returned (MIL)- bring on the movie nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment