Chevron Background

August 27, 2013

In the Works: Pallet Art

A few weeks ago, we picked up about 2 car loads full of wood from the curb. 

No shame here! I think it was intended for a fence, then slightly disassembled and tossed to the curb. I was originally thinking: bonfire!


After sawing several pieces to be easier tossed in future fires, I left 1 combination because I thought Luci would use it as a mini bench. Unfortunately, this mini bench was missing one key component: height. It only really gave her about a 2 inch advantage... at that point she would rather sit on the grass, which was poking up through it anyways. So with the bench idea a no go, I let it sit for about 3 weeks away from the fire pile. 

Then I remembered this pin and realized I could probably do it..
I love the message! What a beautiful way to see the world. So with that I started in...
I am seriously in love with this stuff... 

I picked it up from Home Depot for 50 cents and it is a DREAM! I have a love/hate...or mostly hate relationships with stains but this went on without any need for wiping or using polyurethane.

Wow am I in love with gray...
Hoping to get some letters on there in the near future! Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I made the one that says, "Bless the food before us, the family beside us, and the love between us. Amen." for my dining room. I love it. It's not perfect, but I love the prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! My email is Lifesbanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather- I just tried to email you but received a failure to deliver message. Let me know what your email is and I'd LOVE to email ya back!

      Delete