Chevron Background

May 14, 2013

New Appliances!

As we are still up to our eye balls in home rennovations ($$$) we only were we interested in purchasing items NEEDED when we wondered into a Best Buy this weekend. The house came with dirty walls and crazy paneling no washer and no refridgerator. While a dryer wasn't necessary we saved mucho moolah by purchasing both together.

We had previously purchased this little hot commodity a few months back- so my mind was hoping for all Samsung appliances, but I was okay with changing brands. Then my eyes feasted on this beauty:


I was head over heels. Absolutely in love from the moment I saw it. I literally couldn't stop smiling + hugging..yes hugging this refrigerator. #hellotherapybill

But I really didn't think it was in our budget. Until we found these bad boys:



Because this particular whirlpool washer/dryer has been discontinued, and this set had been returned, Best Buy was eager to get them gone. While normally these retail at around $1,800 each, we got both items as a set for: $1,100. Insane right?

That opened up our budget to get my wonder fridge and allowed us to get warranty's on all 3 items too. The fridge was also cheaper because of it being open box as well.

Here's the deal with Open Boxes:
Really press your Best Buy associate for details on why the item was returned. They know specifics. We found out our fridge was a store sample- so it hadn't been turned on or used at all. Our washer/dryer was too "high tec" and was returned after only being used once. So we knew that these were practically new. While Open Box items are a little higher risk- I would highly recommend getting the warranty just in case.

One thing is for sure: research. I am fairly certain I've looked at every ad in the past 3-4 months, every craigslist posting, and every online avenue for appliances. So I knew what I wanted, and knew these were all a super great deal.

Now we're pushing even harder to get our floors in so we can add those pretty appliances soon!

Any fun open box item stories out there??

2 comments:

  1. That's great. Out here we found a couple liquidation stores. We got our washer for $250 (retail $600). It's new, but was damaged in shipment. It's only some dents and marks, no internal damage, so it's a great deal for us. It's in a closet so it's not like I see it all the time either. Now we're on the look out for a dryer, but having not had one for over a month, I don't feel like I NEED it and want to spend even less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that as well. I mean, we're inching into summer months- I was ready to hang a line and let the neighbors see my undies :) Fortunately, it all worked out. Have you checked out craigslist? I've seen some gems there too!

      Delete