BTW- 19 days until we close on our house...but who's counting?
THIS GIRL, that's who!
I always heard wives talk about how sexy it was when their husband took out the trash- I never understood that- still don't. But I'm seeing Luis in a whole new light when he starts discussing laminate vs. carpet flooring. Weird right? I know, just add it to my list.
We are hot and heavy into flooring discussions so let's just jump right in...
- Cheap! (averagely speaking)
- Looks like wood...if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...
- Easy to clean (Swifer to the rescue!)
- Hubbie could install on his own with the help of a buddy
- Lifetime isn't as long as hardwood*
- Cleaning might need to happen more frequently- doesn't "hide" spills as well as others
- $ - averagely speaking more pricey than laminate
- Wears out easily- especially with a baby
- Hubs would bow out of this one and we'd need to pay for installation
- Spills happen...and a lot with said baby. Cleaning would be a beast!
How fun is it that I'm looking at grown up things like flooring! I feel old ... but in a fun way!
Clearly from this list, LAMINATE is the winner. But am I missing anything?? Suggestions?