Chevron Background

April 5, 2013

Getting a groove... now accepting applications

There is something about having a "groove"- knowing where you are going, what you are doing, that can really make you feel wonderfully stable.

I've been working- HARD- at trying to get a groove down: for me, for Luci, for our family... but really for our sanity. Especially with all this moving, adjusting, new commuting, different eatting schedules, we needed a groove! I would have taken someone else's if it had been available- but no such luck, I needed to get this on my own.

Today, finally, I'm getting to really officially absorb my "work from home" Fridays. Two weeks ago we were moving and took a day off. Last week I was enroute to Michigan to celebrate Easter. So this is the first time I can really get stuff knocked off my "to do" list with still - of course- checking in with work.

Oddly enough, I almost didn't know what to do with myself this morning. It felt like I was putting on my pants backwards. BUT I got the kiddo off to daycare, and now I'm realizing... I remember this. Long long ago, in a different world, I had 1 day to myself. Aaaahhh so good to be back!

Speaking of el kiddo- she has also found her groove at her daycare. It only took 2-3 times of her screaming bloody murder as I drove away. Great way to start your day: thinking you are abandoning your only child. And by groove I'm really referring to her new boyfriend. In less than a week she's smitten over 1 1/2 year old, Issac. Hey if it takes a boyfriend then I'll put my gun away ...for now- watch out Issac, she's my precious lil baby :)

As for this weekend- Luis and I feel like we need to explore this new world of ours. Funny how 30-40 min. change from "Northwest Chicago Suburbs" to "North Chicago Suburbs" can be such a change.

What are your fun weekend plans? Any "North Chicago Suburb" ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment