Chevron Background

March 19, 2013

Smart Running Shoes

I have a strong love/hate relationship with running. I started running in college to avoid the dreaded "freshman 15" and kept it up since then. I won't say how long because a part of me still feels in my 20's and I would hate to reck that :)

Normally I would just buy something on sale- or my biggest threat- something that looked "cute". I returned minimalist shoes because they conflicted with my "cute" request and I wanted a lil more height so I looked thinner without doing anything. Cue: go figure music.

Now that I'm getting older, I need to listen to my body whereas before as long as I would run about three times a week I could eat almost anything... and did.

For my birthday I asked my hubbie to buy me running shoes and linked him to a few different pairs I thought were "cute". 1 month later I have some serious lower back pain and the blisters on my toes will not go away. For the first time in my running career I had a moment where my body wanted to KEEP going and I had to shut it down because of my shoes.

Ipso facto- let's go spend 3x more on shoes and see where we get? I went to Road Runner Sports. They are not paying me for this post- there are several places around like this. What a fantastic experience! Let's just say some science nerd went all out on these machines they call Shoe Dog...

They watched me run barefoot...
They watched me run with 4 different pairs of shoes on....
They found out I have zero to no arch (go figure?)

It was like they KNEW me.

After an hour and trying on several pairs of shoes I landed on the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13...

Not as cute as I would have originally gone with but if it keeps my feet and body healthier- then I'm in!

I'll let you know how my run goes. For the first time in a long time I'm really excited to run! 1/2 Marathon here I come... or well... let's just shoot for 4 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment