Chevron Background

December 20, 2012

Co-Worker Christmas!

It's that time of year again- the time for Coworker Gift Exchange!

How horrifying.

You don't want to give something TOO expensive - can't do something too cheap.. How do you end up in the safe middle?

My answer to that was: DIY of course!

And who can DIY without some Pinterest help. I combined the following 2 ideas:
Words can't describe how easy chocolate bark is. If I can do it- anyone can!

I bought 2 packages of semi sweet chocolate, and a mix from my local grocery called: heart happy mix (dried cranberries, walnuts, almonds, cashews). I read online to add 1 tbs of shortening- so I did!
Add chocolate + shortening to glass round pan (that can fit on the top of a large pot. Fill pot with water, start stirring with a spatula until all is melted.
Spread chocolate on wax paper. Add nuts. Let it sit for 2 hours or pop in the fridge. BAM that is IT!?
Too add an extra touch I microwaved in a sandwich bag a few white chocolate wafers and drizzled on top. It looked fantastic!

Take this idea- minus the chocolate chunks (altho that would have been brilliant!). ADD a small "mini" of Baileys. BAM you have some irish hot coco! I even added a green ribbon to boot!

I found little gift boats for lack of better term from Target for $1 ea. So total this project was a whopping... $6/person. Not too bad! And way cuter than a $6 bottle of vino right?

It was a HIT!

Who can say no to a Drunk Hot Coco and homemade chocolate bark... it's just a match made in heaven :)

Here is hoping your coworkers are full of Christmas cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment