Chevron Background

August 14, 2012

Weekend Update


 Ahh is anyone else missing SNL like I am?

What a whirlwind weekend!

We had an early start Saturday morning- husband + baby were in the car at 9 AM. And not just "in the car"- all parties were fed and showered... I see this as a major win :)

We ran some small errands and bee lined to the Host's house for the Luau and started decorating. I don't know if I've ever cut so much fruit. But it all paid off. With a quick run back home for Luci (+ momma bear) to have her nap, we then picked up the BBQ Pulled Pork to finish any last minute decorations and get the food out.

It was a hit! There was extra food leftover, I was over $100 under budget aaaand Lucia slept super hard- so I know all kids were worn out by the end. The biggest "oooh" factor goes to our porcupine watermelon...

I got so many "wows" over it- and silly me was just trying to make use of the watermelon rine.

What great company mixed with great food & weather- you just can't ask for better than that!

One more party next weekend and I will get to hang up my "event coordinator" hat up for a while. It's been fun, but I'm ready for a nap :)

What about you? Any fun BBQ's? See any great ideas for skewers I don't know about??

No comments:

Post a Comment