Chevron Background

July 9, 2012

Oh what difference a year makes...

ONE year ago this week, I started a brand new job at Sears Holdings Corporation. I am proud to say- they haven't kicked me out yet!

A lil less than a year ago, I was job searching like crazy with a 3 month old that I was head over heels for. I can't believe the difference a year makes.

A year ago Lucia was trying to figure out how to crawl. She was doing a whole lot of this yoga pose...

But more or less- I was kind of a hot mess. I was nervous about not having a job- because a job meant who I was.

I knew how to LOVE Luci but I haaated the "Mom" title. To be honest- I still kind of do. Who wants to be labeled in the same category as someone who wears this...


I WANTED to be in this category...

Now that I'm in the 1 year mark- I think I've grown up a lot. And in a good way, not in a "I'm getting wrinkles or gray hairs" sort of way - because for the record I'm NOT!

I have a job, but that's not who I am. When people ask me- what do you do? My first response is "I'm a mommy to the cutest kid on the planet". I am so amazed at when you put LOVE at the center of who you are- how better your outlook on life can be.

How's that for deep? Don't worry- next week I'll probably be writing about boogers. It ALWAYS averages out in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment