Chevron Background

July 23, 2012

Office Etiquette 101

I work in a wonderful corporate office environment. Every once in a great while, I find myself in a bit of a conundrum.


Have you ever been invited to a bridal or baby shower of someone you have never met??


This has happened to me now, twice. 


The first round was a DOUBLE baby shower- yes 2 preggo ladies, and no I had no idea who either of them were. I mean, at least say hello in the bathroom- but seriously, no hi's, no nothin! But the first time, I did my dudiligence. I made sure I had a very nice present available to both future mommies.

And maybe it was my mood, but I had kind of had it when I got a bridal shower request from another person I've never met. I mean, how do these people find me? Fortunately, I was not the only one having this issue.


You see, 3 other women who sit in the cubes around me were also puzzled. So we came up with a plan...


Find an item we can build a theme around! Everyone contributes around $5 and in the end it will look like a really nice present...


We found a margarita set (complete with 2 margarita glasses, a salt tray and 2 stirrers) for $5.50. Someone brought in limes/card/gift bag, someone brought in margarita mix and the 4th bought margarita salt. Voila! We had a beautiful gift... all for around $20 :)

What about you? Has anyone else had issues with this in the past?? What was your solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment