Chevron Background

June 16, 2012

Quick DIY Project for Dad!

As an advid Pinterester- I feel as if I have the power to DIY any project, anywhere. While in most cases this would turn into a big time FAIL- sometimes I find a win! Hey- even a blind squirrel finds the occassional nut, right?


So while finding this fun lil number on pinterest. I thought I would give it a shot. All at Hobby Lobby- I purchased 2 canvas (3.99), Modge Podge Matt (4.99- but $2 off with a 40% coup!), a coarse sponge dabber (on sale 1.79), black acrylic paint (on sale 2.15). Total came out to around $13 (after taxes). I purcased the 8x10 through Walgreens- after a 40% off coupon- it was $3 (including shipping!)!


Step one- glue your picture to your canvas. We had some gorilla glue laying around so I did my best not to glue my fingers together...





Step two- modge podge that baby down! Less is more - and make sure to do strokes not dabs. Let it dry- it dries clear!


Step three- Take a damp sponge over the picture.


Step four- apply paint to the sides and around the corners


Dunzo!


Finished project:


I can't wait for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment