Chevron Background

June 1, 2012

Grown UP Grilled Cheese Time

I'm not usually a double post'er but this was mandatory- I just made the best grilled cheese of my life.

Something you should know is that I originally married a cook! Luis was starting up his own restaurant when we were married. Since then he has learned his passion is more in electronics (go figure!) and is now getting his degree in Electronic Engineering (sounds fancy right?).

Messy Hair Day + Grilled Cheese
All of that to say- I have figured a few things. Luis knows "kitchen" spanish really well, and I know "Jesus" spanish really well. Luis also knows super fancy food really well- I had no idea what gaspacheo (or how to spell it??) was before he came along. But one thing I do know- well- is how to make simple food FANTASTIC!

Ipso facto- the Grown UP Grilled Cheese!

Instead of butter- I soaked 1 side of 2 slices of bread in olive oil, parmesean cheese, a PINCH of rosemary, italian seasonings, garlic and thyme.

It's grocery time here at the Gorbenas so I just went with your normal average american cheese- but wowza on that bread!  It tastes like you are eating wonderful garlic bread stick in a sandwich form. I would highly recommend it for bettering an average day!

No comments:

Post a Comment