Chevron Background

June 5, 2012

Adele: Size Does Matter

I know many of you are wondering how I could ever hate, even a little, on the hottest name in music: Adele.

For me, it's quite easy- for one reason. Adele is everywhere. I see her on TV, I see her winning award after award, SNL lovingly mocks her and then her songs - really maybe 3 of them (?) on the radio, might as well be on constant repeat. I am officially Adele'd out.

I've read articles about how impressive it is to see someone larger in the spotlight and not getting riped apart. For that I appauld her. By my title I'm actually not referring to her physical size at all. You thought I was going there, didn't you? I'm no judger!

I just want to know what gives. I don't know how many times I've seen her flipping off the "coats" as she likes to call them (aka media). Or her mad about something. But really? I mean... REALLY Adele? You are literally raking in the cash with your love songs. If anyone needs to feel freed of an ex-lover, how about sing a song that is heard universally and make PILES of cash on it? I feel closure FOR her.

Why not lighten up a little? Maybe it'd be nice to see the relaxed side of Adele. Tune in now to see Adele in her PJ's for an hour. I might like that.

Is it just me?

Or is there one other soul on this universe who is quick to flip stations when you start to hear "Fire to the Rain"?

No comments:

Post a Comment