Chevron Background

June 4, 2010

The Smell of Wedding Season

Ahh wedding season. It's definitely in the air!

I attended my first wedding of the season last weekend. This wedding began my schedule of 3 weddings in 3 weeks! I think Bed Bath and Beyond employees are starting to recognize me. :/

Maybe it's the fact that I've been a bride, but now it seems that while attending a wedding, I always see dollar signs. Don't get me wrong: I love the moment when the bride walks down the isle and the groom tears up, gives me goosebumps every time. But lately I see the bridesmaids dress and I can size up within $20 how much each of those girls had to pay to match.

I've also become a big "registry" judger. There are cute registries when the bride and groom have selected the basic items of a household + maybe board games or if they are really into movies a few select choices of DVDs. Some registries have all really expensive items, those aren't cute registries.

My absolutely favorite weddings are ones that are unique. Not weird - there is a big difference. But a classy form of unique.

How about you? What's your favorite/least favorite parts of weddings? Does every wedding invitation drive you to the fridge to load up on Ben and Jerry's?? How many weddings are you attending/in this summer?

Mazel tov and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment