Chevron Background

June 21, 2010

Ahhh excuses!

This last weekend, I ran in my third 5K for the Children's Memorial Hospital. 


Let's just get this right out in the open right now: I'm not a runner. I run because my entire family on both sides range from obese to extremely obese. Running helps me fight that. And what a better cause that for children??


This was my worst time yet (37 ish minutes). I find myself always having an excuse- this time it was extreme heat. And while the heat was no lie, I've come to realize I still need to give it my all!


I'm also in a sand volleyball league. We have yet to win a match (there have been too many to write here and not have my pride severely hurt). And yet we always find an excuse. The first night it was too cold. The second round it was too windy. The time after that it was the sun. Last game it was the mosquitoes attacking us.


I have been intensely following the World Cup lately. While I've never been into "futbol", the country I lived in for the first 7 years of my life is in it this year: Paraguay! And while they are doing REALLY well right now, I know if they don't win the actual cup I will find an excuse (I already have a few written down: paid referees is topping the list). 


Why can't there ever just be a better team out there? I'm realizing that I need to really push myself no matter what the circumstance, no matter what the elements, no matter who is influencing me. It's my turn to shine!


My latest Everest: watching what I say at work.


What's your mountain??
Who are you rooting for at the World Cup?? 


And as always...thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment